Jungle Disk, KeepItSafe, LiveVault and OffsiteDataSync have been combined into a leading backup and disaster recovery specialist headquartered in San Antonio, TX. The business serves tens of thousands of customers across the globe with more than 20 data centers, including major presences in North America and Europe. It is one of the only global recovery providers awarded ISO 27001 certification for information security management in addition to meeting customer needs for SOC 2, PCI-DSS, and HIPAA compliance. For more information, please visit http://www.jungledisk.com.
The Employee Communications Specialist reports to the Business Operations leader and owns the company internal communications calendar; this includes managing the company’s Culture Newsletter, cascading quarterly objectives, highlights from our scorecards, and all other key information required for everyone to be on the same page. The company runs using the Entrepreneurial Operating System (“EOS”), and in this role you will work directly with the leadership team to craft written, audio, and video communications to a global audience.
**This position is onsite at our Jungle Disk Headquarters, located in downtown San Antonio, and will not be remote**
- Meet with the company leadership team members to craft communications for cascading messages that need to be widely communicated and understood by all company employees.
- Stays informed and involved with the EOS process to ensure employees are notified of the progress towards company quarterly Rocks™ and annual goals. In addition to time bound objectives, you will also be scheduling communication on company core values, our core focus, and the other foundational EOS principles of our company.
- Implements, Administers and manages company directory and employee profile system.
- Executes an internal PR communications strategy that attracts employees to internal news through positive and engaging announcements.
- Ensures communication is constantly flowing through all channels by identifying communication problems in overused or underused channels.
- Works with HR leadership and other connected members of the organization to find ways to increase employee engagement through improvements to our internal communications.
- Creates and maintains a “social calendar” with company events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, Communications or other related field, or 5 + years of PR or communication experience
- 2-3 years of experience developing internal communication systems.
- Superior verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills.’
- Is a skilled sStoryteller with a passion to engage an audience.
- Strong ability to embrace new technology for enhancing communication.
- Excellent planning, organizing, and multitasking skills.
- Superior work ethic and the ability to work independently or as a team.
- Motivated & energetic self-starter.
- Ability to work in a high paced, results oriented environment.
- Proficiency with professional office productivity tools.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage.
- Generous 401k matching.
- Pick your own equipment. You’ll get a budget to spend on whatever laptop, monitor, and office equipment you desire.
- Unlimited vacation policy, while we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year.
- Volunteer time off.
- Fitness club allowance.
- Mobile phone service allowance and much more.